Against the wishes of most western farmers, and in defiance of laws that they are sworn to uphold, Stephen Harper and his Conservatives are poised to destroy the Canadian Wheat Board.
On October 28, about 400 people rallied in front of the Winnipeg headquarters to say “No!”
– Andy Baker, farmer, Beausejour, Manitoba
– Allen Oberg, Chair, CWB Board of Directors
– Maude Barlow, Chair, Council of Canadians
– Drew Baker, farmer, Beausejour
– Fred Tait, Manitoba Director, National Farmers Union
– Bill Gehl, Director, Canadian Wheat Board Alliance
– Stan Struthers, Minister, Manitoba Agriculture, Forrd and Rural Initiatives
– Jon Gerrard, Leader, Liberal Party of Manitoba
– Pat Martin, MP (Winnipeg Centre), NDP Agriculture Critic
– Niki Ashton, MP (Churchill)
– Kevin Lamoureux, MP, (Winnipeg North)
– Wayne Easter, MP (Malpeque), former president of the National Farmers Union
– Dean Harder, Friends of the Canadian Wheat Board
– Barb Toews, farmer, Kane, Manitoba
Shaw TV Channel 9
Nov. 5, 2011: 8:00 p.m.
Nov. 6, 2011: 2:00 a.m., 8:00 a.m., 2:00 p.m., 8:00 p.m.
Nov. 7, 2011: 2:00 a.m.